Monday, April 4, 2016

RIP Peter Gittins

All ex- Bougie people.
 
We regret to advise of the passing of Peter Gittins last week, in the UK.  We pass our condolences to Rae, Jonathan and the family.
 
Thank you, Russ for bringing to us the following:

Morning John,
 
Just heard from John Gill in Brisbane that Peter Gittins passed away last Friday. Peter worked at the Loloho power station with John for quite a while; at least 10 years I would think. Do you still have access to those old records? Peter bravely battled the big C for at least the last two years, and he is at peace now.
I knew Peter well through our love of golf at Arawa Country Club. He, his wife Rae and son Jonathan lived in Brisbane for a short while after going finish from Bougainville in 1989 (I think), and then they went back to the UK and settled in Diss in Norfolk. I stayed a few days there with them in 1990; such a beautiful place.
I believe Rae, Jonathan, his wife and two boys will be taking Peter to Wales for burial next week. Not sure if it was Peter or Rae who is Welsh.
 
All the best,
 
Russ
 
Thanks, mate.    Russ, we don`t have very much on Peter.  I cannot assist with his non-BCL employment.  However I do remember him quite well. His JDA registration No was 772 and his D O B is 2/8/1940.

No comments:

Post a Comment